1 hour ago, Drewmotty said:

The heater is mounted half way between the back of the instruments/wiring and the bulkhead leaving about 3” clearance on each side. The fresh air inlet directs air down the bulkhead across the front of the matrix. 
For the curious among us the auxiliary CB speaker hangs from a bracket screwed to the heater and is inn turn bolted to the CB housing. 
looks like there’s still a bit of tidying to do under there too :-)

AAFE6B76-EA1C-4090-B5EB-9760A5A3AF85.jpeg

That's a very useful photo, thanks Andrew.  Are CBs widely used in the UK?

On 10/8/2017 at 6:21 PM, Tonyloz said:

Hi

Just a long shot but has anyone got a heater matrix they dont require

Just gone to fit mine and it looks like its had frost damage

Thanks

Tony

Tony,

I might be able to help.  I have fitted a T7 but have kept the original.   I could let you have the matrix, but I will keep the rest.  Let me know if you are still looking. 

Regards,  Laurence 

11 minutes ago, Drewmotty said:

No relay required as the current draw is next to nothing. The clue is in the size of the tiny power lead. 

Thanks.  That's a piece of information that will continue to be useful.  Nothing mechanically intuitive in my brain,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Decided to go my own route with the T7 heater mounting.  I would bet this has been done before but I used the heater mount and the spacers from the original heater, which I am rebuilding.  Anyway, lots of airflow room and the heater vents can be angled down into the the wells.  I like the structural support the heater mount adds to the dashboard supports as well.

1076737112_Heater1.JPG.54e6fae86b32bdd67102d8462d1669ba.JPG

1603729705_Heater2.JPG.b85ad0e819398c1116b3531eaad9b5fc.JPG