TR4a Brake Pads

Mintex 1144 pads will be suitable for you if you enjoy spirited driving. They work well from cold too. For the sake of £25 i would fit new discs to.

Tom

The hawk pads are expensive but are very good, failing that check web and autojumbles for original asbestos pads as they are definitely the best option and will make you discs last longer too. Also you definitely need to change your discs too if you have been using green stuff pads

Stuart.

Thanks guys,

I have recently changed the front discs to vented ones so not happy about having to change them...is it really a must?

cheers as always

Use good quality brake cleaner and they will be fine.

I tried to go the Mintex 1144 route along with new discs but found the pads squealed badly. Despite trying everything the noise continued so I resorted to Mintex 1109 & they have proved to be fine, no squealing & as good as 1144 in performance.

I tried to go the Mintex 1144 route along with new discs but found the pads squealed badly. Despite trying everything the noise continued so I resorted to Mintex 1109 & they have proved to be fine, no squealing & as good as 1144 in performance.

Did you bed them in correctly??

Hi all,

Just got a set of NOS pads as Stuart suggested to try out, just a quick question they seem to have a thin film of black tar looking substance on the back surface, is this anti squeak? should it be cleaned off before fitting?

Will try these and report back, fingers crossed

Regards Lee

Did you bed them in correctly??[/quot
Did you bed them in correctly??

Yep.

Hi all,

Just got a set of NOS pads as Stuart suggested to try out, just a quick question they seem to have a thin film of black tar looking substance on the back surface, is this anti squeak? should it be cleaned off before fitting?

Will try these and report back, fingers crossed

Regards Lee

No leave it on and give it a thin coat of copperslip too.

Stuart.

Marcel

It was discussed here - Post #11: http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/60610-brake-pads/

I haven't had to try the technique yet as my car still has plenty of pad left; so just passing it on!

Ben