Sidescreen window repair

Hi.

When I bought my car the one sidescreen's plexi was shattered due to the owner idiotically putting them on top of a piston jack in the boot. :angry: .

Rainy season is starting here so I need to fix that somehow.

I am not sure if the screens in at the moment are original (I doubt it).

What is the more original (or alternatively better) materials to use?

What should the thickness be (considering that the 2's screen should be sewn through).

Are there things like coating to look out out for?

Dirk

Hi Dirk

You can get them from Moss. For a late 3a parts #11 and #12 on page 111 of their catalogue (cost £32 and £14 respectively, each). I expect they are exact replicas of the originals.

Edited by qim

Thanks I'll have a good look!

@Lebro. Thanks for the hint. I forgot about polycarbonate. Its what my motorcycle helmet visor is after all and I know its strength first hand!

I realised some of the information is in Bill P's book. (The original thickness is 0.04" or 1.016 mm)

Remember my car is a TR2 with single pane though. I think this simplifies it all and I do know someone with an industrial sewing machine. 8)

Dirk