Looking for the code for Triumph Apple Green.

Hi Stef,this is certainly a code, however the codes are not the problem, its finding someone who can mix the colour with modern tinters (some of the old tints used just are not available.)

To compound the problem the paint manufacturers for ST changed in this period and there are at least two shades of Apple Green. One used for late 56/57 and one for late 57/58

I will be sending Rodders some paint today on the promise that he posts a photo of the finished car!

Iain

Martin Jay (Distributor Doctor) has his 3a in that colour and I bought the paint for it from Ken & Lyn paints in Buxton 01293814813 / 07778165966.

Stuart.

post-3753-0-94060800-1507199467_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the input chaps. Iain has come up trumps and supplied me with some paint. Sorry to disappoint you all but I wanted the paint for a model Jaguar XK120 that Moss raced at Dundrod in 1950, not for yet another beautiful side screen car. Wish it were!

Cheers, Rodders.

By the way Stuart, did Les approve of the car. He looks a trifle pensive, maybe it’s the seats.

R.

In the end those seats got changed as Martin couldnt fit in them!

Stuart.