TCR GERMAN TOURING CARS

i am pleased to see that Josh Files has a 77 point lead in defending his TCR title in the Honda Civic.

i hope the german fans are supporting one of our own TR racers in his endeavours .

Keep it up Josh

Roy

Second season, second title: Files again master

Josh Files crowned his second season in the ADAC TCR Germany prematurely with the second title. He only stayed once without points.

Josh Files had just crossed the finish line, as his team already had the right gift for the old and new champion of ADAC TCR Germany. Still in the pit lane there was a white sunglasses with the imprint "Feile" for the British, and the 26-year-old pushed her laughing through the open visor of his helmet and put his glasses on his nose. Josh Files would not be Josh Files if he had not been part of the fun of his Target Competition Team. This casual style is typical of the title defense, and is reflected not only off the track, but also on the asphalt.

Because files can be serious and determined when it matters, and moments later relaxed and solved. "I love racing, I love to win races and enjoy every moment," says the Brit who successfully defended his title from the previous year and has also mastered for the second time in the second year of ADAC TCR Germany.

The foundations for the success of the Honda Civic TCR were set at the start of the season. In Oschersleben, there was a victory and a third place for the start, shortly thereafter two more successes on the Red Bull Ring came. The leadership in the championship never gave Josh Files any more. And when in Hockenheim the title defense was perfect, the Briton beamed all over his face. "Being a double champion is a sensational feeling, with the tie to the team even tighter than last year, the opponents were even stronger and all the more intense," says the Norwich man.

The 26-year-old enjoys the competition not only because of his performance on the race track, but also 'Files' loose style is good. "If you score so consistently and win, then it has nothing to do with luck," says Hari Proczyk (41, Austria, HP Racing): "On the contrary, then that is also deserved at the end of the day."

This year was much different than last year. In 2016 only the very least knew the later champion, which was completely different in 2017. Josh Files was at the top of the list of title candidates. And Files did not let it get out of its way - on the contrary, it was similar to last year, and he formed a strong unit with the target team bosses Andreas and Markus Gummerer and technical manager Albert Deuring.

Files did not only have the most wins (five in 13 races) in the account, he also went out only once a single time, when at the Nürburgring. The Briton sees and uses chances of overtaking as hardly any other pilot in the touring car series, and above all his starts are unmatched. "I'm always concerned about winning and winning," says Files: "I do not want to deal with second places."

"This is the reason why I am doing this job, for these cups and the victories," says the former DTM technician: "For me, this is the reason why Josh Files is ideally suited to the philosophy of his racing team it is important to have a good driver who can also fight for the title. It's all about victory, pole position and championship - something else does not count. " Josh Files and Target 2017 have proved this again.

Well done Josh Files, excellent result and good application.

Mick Richards