Speedo needle jumps

Hi All

Can somebody point me in the right direction. When up to about 40mph the needle on the speedo starts to jump which does not reflect actual speed at all.

Is the fault likely to be with the speed itself or the angle drive. (I have read various post on angle drives) A new speedo cable was fitted but made no difference.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Kevin

get hod oft speedo cable, under the dash, and move it aboot,

pull, push, waggleate, or what ever,

see if it makes a difference, if it does, then try an fix the cable to where it dont jump aboot

cable ties,or somp padding, mine cable ties

It does on my speedo, and tacho, so worth a wee go

M

Hi Kevin,

I can add a further +1 for John Ostick for speedo/tacho refurb. However before you get to that, i found that the input shaft into my speedo had got a bit dry. A quick squirt of light oil or WD40 or similar made a great improvement to mine. Such that my speedo works nicely now and no need to get refurbished. So might be worth a go anyway...?

Cheers,

J.

Kevin

Another +1 for John Ostick. Mine did exactly as yours - all I knew was I was going somewhere between 50 and 70! I replaced the angle drive and the cable (at different times) and eventually sent it to John. It's now is as smooth as a really smooth thing.

Rog

Edited by Pogo