Genuine black gear stick ball

The spherical ones for TR5s and early 6s are about 20 quid from Moss. The teardrop ones are NLA unfortunately.

I know this because my Border Terrier pup chewed my original teardrop version when I left him alone in the car for a few minutes. I replaced it with a spherical one from Moss. I got my own back when the appropriate time came; My terrier is now missing a couple of his own spherical appendages.

I have never seen the gear knobs from

Moss but I don't think for one minute they would sell anything

If it wasn't good and for £20 it's worth ago.

If I was reading this peter I'd buy what ntc advised you to buy

And nothing else. As he knows what he's talking about.

I don't want to sell my gear knobs for an extra £15 because they are original

I'm Just saying the knobs are mine on the eBay link that was added on here.

Helen

Personally I think £35 is a good price for one of these knobs. Think yourself lucky you are not after the later teardrop knob then. My cousin put one on fleabay and it sold for over £200 !!!! Yes that might have been a one off but blinking heck that was some price. I have seen the round ones go for over £60 so Peter maybe £35 is not so much after all.

Alan G

Hi Peter,

I have an original 1969 black gear knob in my spares box if your interested. PM me and if your interested, I wont be looking for silly e- bay money, just nice to see it used. Regards Rich

Afternoon chaps, amazing thread about a little Black Gear Knob !

Moss have done well sourcing one and selling for just over £20, but as we all know it's a reproduction part.

Helen Gill's on ebay is no doubt an original, from a loyal supplier , who is well known and trusted, so £35 isn't expensive for an Original sort after Part.

Just think about how much your car's are worth now, it pales into insignificance..

Just a Sunday Afternoon thought,

Cheers,

Conrad.

I 'found' one on an old Triumph Herald.

Believe it's the same with the correct thread.

Regards

Kevin

Yes the thread is right.

My research says there are different diameters. They started life at 1 7/16". Then grew to 1 1/2". The 22 B 19 genuine is from an MG or sorts and is 1 5/8" dia.

Peter W