Roll over bars

Only if you are willing to forgo the headling as it is designed to fit up against the underside and has the ability to bolt the roof down through both the backlight and the roof.It is also designed to go through the back panel too.

Stuart.

Thanks for the info Stuart. Perhaps that's why I've not heard back from Revington's yet. Looks like I'll have to check out other firms that might be able to make one for me.

Cheers, Darren

Edited by TR5tar

Also FWIW their backlight is a lot thinner than the Honeybourne version.

Stuart.

Hi Stuart,

I've never been sure if I have the Honeybourne version, an original or some other backlight. I'm sure you'll know from just a quick glance, but is there an easy way for me to tell?

Cheers, Darren

Hi Stuart,

I've never been sure if I have the Honeybourne version, an original or some other backlight. I'm sure you'll know from just a quick glance, but is there an easy way for me to tell?

Cheers, Darren

Tap it, an ally one has a solid ring to it whereas a fibre one doesnt. Highly unlikely yours is a fibre one as unless someone spent the time like I have on mine to alter the lip edge where the window fits then its plainly obvious the difference. Its also very reare to find a glass window in a fibre frame, I have tried and its not worth the effort as if its a new laminated repro window then its too easily broken.

Stuart.

Fibre as supplied post-3753-0-40075500-1506254877_thumb.jpg

Mine reworked post-3753-0-88533200-1506255052_thumb.jpg

Edited by stuart

As no one has done a repro ally frame then it would be original, if its an original glass then read the dots to find its year.http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/windscrn/wt_103a.htm

Stuart.

Wow, I've learnt something today. Thanks for that link. I have a dot above the "T" in "Triplex" and below the second "E" in "Toughened", so if I'm reading that correctly, it's first quarter 1968, which is correct for the year. I'll have to be even more careful about fitting roll bars now!

Definitely the real McCoy...cost a fortune to have it and the Ali hardtop centre section restored and painted...and the rear window rubber was a bigger with the fake chrome trim.....guess how I know

Definitely the real McCoy...cost a fortune to have it and the Ali hardtop centre section restored and painted...and the rear window rubber was a bigger with the fake chrome trim.....guess how I know

Should have never been it doubt Robin ;)

edit

You still owe me £4.56 P&P :P;)

Edited by ntc

Safety devices produce a cage that fits under the Surrey top. Talk to one of the dealers.

Tom

Fibre as supplied attachicon.gifSurrey top and backlight 003.jpg

Mine reworked attachicon.gifIMG_0239.jpg

Hi Stuart,

That's interesting, I haven't seen a Honeyborne fibre rear screen before. I have recently bought the Revington rear screen(with roll bar) and it looks the same as the ally type, not like the Honeyborne one.

post-197-0-42525300-1506400707_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Graeme

Hi Stuart,

That's interesting, I haven't seen a Honeyborne fibre rear screen before. I have recently bought the Revington rear screen(with roll bar) and it looks the same as the ally type, not like the Honeyborne one.

attachicon.gifTR250_001-2048.jpg

Cheers

Graeme

If the inner lip measures 10mm deep then you can get the rubber (and obviously the screen ) to fit and look like an original. I had to buy an uncut rear screen from Honeybourne to then cut down to the same size as an original glass and grind the lip down to 10mm and then using an original rubber it all went together as you see pretty much indistinguishable from a real one apart from the price.Obviously if you tap the frame or the window then you can tell the difference. I did also bond a section of wood up into the top centre so I could screw in a bracket to take a high level brake light on one side and an interior light on the other. I also fitted the original headling material all round too. I have a steel roof for it but only as I found one cheap otherwise I would have used a fibre roof too.

By the looks of your picture your going to have to do a lot of work to get a good finish on it unlike the Honeybourne one that actually had a pretty good finish to start.I take it your having a Lexan rear window then?

Stuart.

Yes Stuart, I will be having a Lexan rear window and as you noticed the finish is not the best although the photo makes it look worse than it is.

The lip is 12mm but Revingtons suggest using the original rubber.

Graeme

That would depend on the window size then as I struggled to get the window in sized to an original with an original rubber with the lip ground to 10mm

Stuart.