Clutch release slow

Has anyone experienced the clutch , and clutch pedal coming back up slowly after you take your foot off it after changing gear ?

Obviously something is sticking. I tried disconnecting the slave cylinder from the arm that pushes on the release bearing and then working the clutch by hand.But you can't get enough leverage lying under the car to depress the clutch.

So I don't really know where the element that isn't free moving is. The clutch arm, the slave cylinder or the master cylinder. The pedal flops about so it isn't that.

I suppose I will start with the slave cylinder. But I wonder if anyone has seen this problem?

Ok, thanks for the tips.I'm hoping for the new hose solution and will check the cylinders at the same time. The outside of the hose is awful, so I'm hoping that's the answer. Didn't occur to me that the hose could collapse. I feared it would be like discs sticking on when it seems to be the brake cylinders.

I don't like the look of the dodgy release bearing shaft version. I've had the gearbox out of my car three times and I don't look forward to the fouirth.

Thanks

Hi Jock,

you will know if the fault is caused by the release bearing and the front cover extension - you lift the pedal and nothing happens.

Then suddenly you have full engagement and kangaroo down the road. It is not slow but very fast.

Usually found on the TR6 if the locating studs are missing.

I had the problem on my 4A when I found the splined shaft into the gear box was out of alignment with the front cover extension by 0.015".

I fitted a tapered gasket behind the extension and all appears god now since this time last year.

Roger