Replacement Car Cover

Hi Dave,

I have just received mine, here in Spain,last week, from Classic Additions ( Adrian,.01938 561717I ) was very impressed. It has a nice smooth finish,Though because of the problem with dust here in the countryside and the TR6 is in a carport, it remains to be seen if it is completely dust proof as they claim.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Dave from a still hot and Sunny Spain

Hi Dave,

Yes the inside is smooth very much the same as the outside, regarding the fit it is a good fit, size S1, the elasticated front and rear ends hug the body.also it reaches to the floor. Comes with 3 straps.

Kind Regards,

Dave from hot sunny Spain

I bought a so called breathable 3 layer top of the range outdoor cover from Specialized Covers & am not that impressed. It faded very quickly but more importantly they don't really 'breathe'. I still get condensation underneath the cover & on the bodywork in chilly weather, which I guess is inevitable with UK climate! Apart from keeping dust & stuff of the car I do not really think covers are that good in keeping moisture off the vehicle. Dehumidified garage is the only way I think.

Cheers.

I bought a so called breathable 3 layer top of the range outdoor cover from Specialized Covers & am not that impressed. It faded very quickly but more importantly they don't really 'breathe'. I still get condensation underneath the cover & on the bodywork in chilly weather, which I guess is inevitable with UK climate! Apart from keeping dust & stuff of the car I do not really think covers are that good in keeping moisture off the vehicle. Dehumidified garage is the only way I think.

Cheers.

Hi Monty

My existing cover (Moltex) does suffer from a small amount of condensation in bad weather but I have only noticed this if taking the cover off then it is still wet.

My garage is dry & well ventilated. I have tools that have been in there for 40+ years without showing signs of corrosion.

Unfortunately the garage sometimes has to be used for other projects & the car has to live outside for a couple of weeks hence my need for a replacement cover to keep off the worst of the weather & the bird poo/ cat footprints.

Dave

Hi Dave,

part of the problem is that the covers are not 100% sealed so moisture laden air can get in from underneath.

If the car body is colder than the air then it will condense.

For the breathable covers the moisture will eventually evaporate away but it is not instant.

Even if you put a tarpaulin over the top of the cover it will still happen BUT take longer to evaporate.

Roger

Hi Dave,

part of the problem is that the covers are not 100% sealed so moisture laden air can get in from underneath.

If the car body is colder than the air then it will condense.

For the breathable covers the moisture will eventually evaporate away but it is not instant.

Even if you put a tarpaulin over the top of the cover it will still happen BUT take longer to evaporate.

Roger

Quite so Roger

When the car is outside for a couple of weeks I try to have the cover off as much as possible to get rid of any trapped moisture, get a good airflow underneath and dry the cover off the car.

Dave