Aero Screen Source?

Hello,

Apologies for what has doubtless been posted before, but I've been searching the forum and can't actually find the answer I'm after.

I' like to fit aero screens to my TR3, but don't want to drill the scuttle to do so. I've found the repro screens on eBay at an eye-watering £550 a pop, but is there a more affordable option? There are references to fitting kits for Brooklands screens, but I can't actually find where to source them.

Many thanks,

Tobes

Hi Tobes

This problem caused me to produce my aeroscreen mounting brackets that adapt modern aftermarket aeosccreens to fit the Triumph original fixing points.

Aeroscreens from Moss etc cost about £200 a car set and my bracket set is under £125. A car set. The job is then done. No drilling required.

PM me if interested. I still have a couple of car sets.

Cheers

Peter W

Those look so good.

But the price is eye-watering, even though they look so perfect.

The standard of crafting seems worth the price perhaps.

I saw that Revington has an aeroscreen like Moss', but they also have original style feet. These are 160gbp a set though, taking the total to about 320gbp or so. Still much cheaper and not requiring new drilling.

Sorry about "hi-jacking" this thread, but does anyone know how to fit the rubber flaps/seals beneath the Brooklands I've seen in some pictures, are they glued to the frame?

Inge- I bought some black square "u" shape plastic channel strip (about 5mm square) which was just wide enough to take the rubber, then I glued the rubber into the strip and fixed the strip underneath the screen frame with"outdoor sticky-fixer' double-sided foam pads which are black. I did put a very small rivet through each end of the rubber and channel for extra support. The picture shows the screen folded flat on the scuttle.

Its been in place now for five years or so with no problems.

post-7865-0-41501200-1505556956_thumb.jpg

Edited by RobH

I have been doing a 'kit' to add a seal to the bottom of repro aeroscreen for some years, to go with my original style mounting brackets. The kit requires gluing a channel to the aeroscreen frame so is for those with technical skills. The channel then retains a section of original lower screen seal.

I like Robs idea of using heavy duty double sided foam tape. I currently glue with black epoxy glue.

Cheers

Peter W

Tobes,

Depending on what level of newness you are trying to achieve, there

are always aeroscreens (or aero screens) on ebay, secondhand, and can

be picked up considerably cheaper than new.If you are using PeterWs

brackets you won't need most of the mounting gubbins that you get and

that you are paying for with new screens.

All the pre owned jobs are aluminium and will polish up very well thankyou!

Roger M-E