TR6 ign Sw faulty (1969)

when trying to turn over my newly rebuilt engine, the Ignition Switch suddenly jammed at full turn and was reluctant to "spring return"

Its a bit of a rascal to strip, but managed it eventually and the small part that turns the electrical section of the switch had broken.

Of course this piece is made of monkey metal (Mazac) so cannot be welded, or repaired, in any way that i can fathom.

So I need another one.

Has anyone a gash unit they can sell me, to enable me to put mine back together please. See pics New pic further down .

post-4234-0-79922500-1505243765_thumb.jpg

post-4234-0-51693800-1505243779_thumb.jpg

post-4234-0-61240100-1505243793_thumb.jpg

Edited by pfenlon

The Original Triumph TR book by Bill Piggott states steering lock became standard at CP52786 which is stated later in the book as built on 1st Jan 71. Cheers Dave

Yes, and from CP/CC 50001 on export cars.

Cheers,

Waldi

I wonder who the manufacturers were. I bet the moulds are still in a cupboard somewhere.

Roger

Hi Roger, the manufacturers were WASO, Neiman, Lowe & Fletcher and Wilmot & Breedon.

Pretty sure none now are in existence.

Edited by Kevo_6

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Costs of another working but VERY old unit aren't worth considering. For about £8.50 for a New standard switch, its not worth worrying about.

I shall fit it in the centre of the Dashboard console unit where the heater and choke is fitted.

I shall extend the cabling to suit, and fit an anti theft switch somewhere, no one will nick my TR for the paint is the same stuff that it left the factory with.

post-4234-0-46435200-1505318689_thumb.jpg

Edited by pfenlon

Managed to fit the New ignition switch in the dash.

I have rebuilt a few engines over the years and I am in awe of those who have also managed to also carry out their own rebuilds, when they say "It fired up first time"

When I tried to start mine, the Ign switch wasn't giving out any voltage when turning the engine over.

It didn't help when I found out today that I had the timing 180 degrees out, what a plonker.

then it fired up "First time"

Geronimo.

post-4234-0-69641900-1505408335_thumb.jpg

post-4234-0-66613300-1505408354_thumb.jpg

Edited by pfenlon