TR4A engine oil usage

I managed it but it was tight.

^ + 1

with the Chris method, except I managed to get in with a sharpened 1/4" chisel and a small 1/4 lb hammer and chiselled down through the core plug flange at the edge aiming to skim the outer radius of the block. When I got to the bottom I removed the chisel and then peened over the outside flange now with a slot in it, once it was rolled in 4 or 5 mm I attached a small set of mole grips to the flange and continued splitting the core plug across the centre from the flange split. After about 10mm into the centre of the plug it started to buckle and come loose and then I wiggled the mole grips still attached to the core plug and pulled it out.

Access is necessarily very tight but the plug is soft and cuts relatively easily with small taps ( lots of them) from the hammer in the restricted space. The bodies fit in a varying manner on the chassis and you may find some with more or less space in the is area.

Mick Richards

PS: nice hat Chris.