It's your car, paint it how you wish

Tom

Quite so, but be aware that a non-standard colour

will detract from re-sale value.

Valencia Blue is identified so strongly with the TR5

that it may look strange to see it on a TR6, hence

a likely reduction in value.

AlanR

FYI, one of my TR6 (CKD Malines CP '72 with the "1" pre-fix and "P" suffix) was delivered Valencia blue with windscreen frame on the same color as it was possible to order a specific color from the BL color list.

Regards

FYI, one of my TR6 (CKD Malines CP '72 with the "1" pre-fix and "P" suffix) was delivered Valencia blue with windscreen frame on the same color as it was possible to order a specific color from the BL color list.

Regards

Thats because Malines would paint any colour on any car if so ordered. Triumph would do the same in the early days though not sure if that still applied by the seventies.

Stuart.

Alan Charlton also from France owns a Valencia Blue TR6. Alan's TR6 had originally been bought in Strasbourg by a French Army office based in Germany who had taken it back to France with him in 1973. Alan's is a 1971 CKD TR6 built in Maline so good to know that they painted more than the one TR6 in Valencia. To my eyes the colour suits the TR6 more than it does the TR5. Just my opinion of course!

cheers

Derek

post-1290-0-29120400-1504519602_thumb.jpg

Alan Charlton also from France owns a Valencia Blue TR6. Alan's TR6 had originally been bought in Strasbourg by a French Army office based in Germany who had taken it back to France with him in 1973. Alan's is a 1971 CKD TR6 built in Maline so good to know that they painted more than the one TR6 in Valencia. To my eyes the colour suits the TR6 more than it does the TR5. Just my opinion of course!

cheers

Derek

As a Valencia Tr5 (and Damson 70 Tr6) owner I would beg to differ Derek ????

Quite so, but be aware that a non-standard colourwill detract from re-sale value.

Valencia Blue is identified so strongly with the TR5that it may look strange to see it on a TR6, hence

a likely reduction in value.

AlanR

Well it may do with the 'rivet counter' brigade but I doubt that a great looking but non-standard colour would put off the average first time 6 buyer.

• 3 years later...

Great colour just did one last year in that colour for a friend -  his choice but turned out very well indeed.

A13586F2-4689-499D-8367-6A041A0B3E3C.jpeg