Hinges. Boot and bonnet

I am in the process of fitting new hinges to both bonnet and boot on my TR3. Are they the same part, ie the same hinge can be fitted to either boot or bonnet? Moss suggests that they are not interchangeable, indicated by their different part numbers but I cannot ascertain where the difference exists. I also understand that they are handed but there is no indication on the after market item to suggest left or right . Would you expect the hinges to point slightly inwards, in order to be described as handed or otherwise?

Many questions, but its a stressful experience constantly handling my newly painted panels with my top paintman looking on.

David.

From memory (& I may be wrong) are the stud positions different front to back ?

Bob.

Yes they are.

Stuart.

Don't know if TR3s are different but on my TR2 all 4 hinges are unique. I learned it the hard way,

The boot hinges have a dimple on the top face.

if you check the underside of each hinge you will see that it is not flat but has an angle. This means that the hinge looks flat when fitted to a sloping boot or bonnet.

Richard & H.