Satin black rear end

Can anyone share a photo of how the satin black finishes at the inside edge of the boot? I'm curious if it finishes under the rubber trim or if it's before it even gets that far?

post-12442-0-25771600-1504205699_thumb.jpg

Here's a photo of the satin black on the back of my '6. This was done by the bodyshop when I had the car repainted about 5 years ago, so I can't vouch that it's exactly as per original.

Hope this helps,

Nigel

PS: No idea why the photo appears upside down on the forum post, it's the right way up on my phone!

Thanks Nigel, I'm sure the sprayer knows how to do it but was curious how it's done. Looks the most sensible way

Boogie,

If your'e going for originality, the rear panel should be painted matt black and the inner wing returns finished as below:

21192244_10210368365100677_6723579272349

As for the the inside of the boot under the rubbers, I guess it all depended on how many beers the factory worker had the night before and how straight he masked it up - so from this photo it was pretty 50/50 :D ...................but my money is on it should have all been painted under the rubbers. :rolleyes:

21151333_10210368373380884_4757792493942

Cheers

Andrew

Edit: just seen Mike's post, not sure about being a guru, but Saffy has many secrets to tell........

Edited by Andrew Smith

Thanks Mike and Andrew. I was so close to having satin black. Luckily the body shop haven't ordered the paint yet so I should be able to catch them and get it done in matt

Boogie,

I don't know if this is too late..

But I've just checked my 1974 TR6.. Which is original.. Never resprayed..

The black finish goes up under the boot rubber.. But stops a couple of millimetres from the very top of the seam.

The wing finish is as Andrew's photo.

Hope that helps..

Cheers

Richard

Boogie,

I don't know if this is too late..

But I've just checked my 1974 TR6.. Which is original.. Never resprayed..

The black finish goes up under the boot rubber.. But stops a couple of millimetres from the very top of the seam.

The wing finish is as Andrew's photo.

Hope that helps..

Cheers

Richard

No, not too late. I think after the weekend it will be though ;-) I'll drop him a message now ready for him to pick up before he makes a start on Monday morning. I'm sure he knows exactly what he's doing though, and it's just me that's worrying about getting it "right"

''I see a red car, and I want to Paint it Black''

The Rolling Stones (1966 (pre TR6) as well!)