Injector O ring change

I got mine from Ebay. We use a lot of Viton O-rings at work but all our vendors have something like a £25 minimum order, so for small quantities I think Ebay works well.

Cheers, Richard

I ordered a pack of ORV-BS008 from Altec, on recommendation from another thread, don't have them yet so can't vouch for them being correct.

Have just discovered these a pack of 6 https://www.chriswitor.com/proddetail.php?prod=CW3354V

Edited by Mk2 Chopper

Mk2 these are black, and dont state anything regards size.

I think I prefer to order some after choosing also ebay seems a bit confusing, there are some companies that only expect like a £10 minimum with free postage.

The Altec set seems good as its also a good fit just ever so slightly slim but very good fit for rest. 75 shore too...

4.47mm 1.78mm 8.03mm

At a pack of 50 for 13.50 I can hand some out to other too....

Thanks for the heads up and maybe you can come back to us once you have put one on, but my guess is they are good....

Edited by Rem18

I'll be sure to update once I have some, I've got a spare injector and the internal part is so loose it literally rattles and falls out, so it should be a good comparison!

Mk2

The new seals are a tight fit and wont swell much so they will not rattle, but that doesnt mean that an old injector that rattle really as these were made with a seal that swells 10% therefore they will tend to rattle when dry, to know if an injector is very loose you would need to try one that has been in petrol for a while. Try rattling one that has just come off the car. ;)

Tony

Does anyone know what pressure the injectors are set to pop?

I vaguely remember 65psi being a number but if someone can confirm?

After changing the o-rings out does the setup change and so need checking or tweaking?

Edited by AndrewP

Does anyone know what pressure the injectors are set to pop?

I vaguely remember 65psi being a number but if someone can confirm?

After changing the o-rings out does the setup change and so need checking or tweaking?

As long as you don't turn the hex part it will remain at the same pressure when you removed it

I seem to remember its 55-65psi. Set it at say 55psi and you should be ok.

Do you know what yours is at the moment?

You can always tune it on the car, but of course means taking it on and off and bleeding each time.

But if you unwind the adjuster by a bit, you will find it.

Probably you could try pulling carefully by hand to get a feel for the right spring weight.

Edited by Rem18

Mk2 these are black, and dont state anything regards size.

I think I prefer to order some after choosing also ebay seems a bit confusing, there are some companies that only expect like a £10 minimum with free postage.

The Altec set seems good as its also a good fit just ever so slightly slim but very good fit for rest. 75 shore too...

4.47mm 1.78mm 8.03mm

At a pack of 50 for 13.50 I can hand some out to other too....

Thanks for the heads up and maybe you can come back to us once you have put one on, but my guess is they are good....

Thought I'd just update, I've fitted an o ring, and they are indeed quite slim, but the internal part was a good firm push back in, unlike the previous o ring (which was rock hard and brittle), where the internal part just slid about inside the housing once the circlip is removed.

I'm reluctant to swap it out yet as the car is running beautifully right now, and I'm having a blast, but I see no reason why it wouldn't be an improvement.