Congratulations Rhino_mac!

Congratulations to Richard (Rhino_mac) on winning the Pride of Ownership for sidescreen cars at the Wessex Group meeting tonight. Another trophy for the mantelpiece to go with the one he won at the recent Dorset Group event. JSK looked superb and you should be very proud of your lovely car! :wub:

Thank you to the Wessex Group for organising such a fun event. It was a lovely evening - good company and a delicious barbeque and it was nice to be joined by members of the Thames Valley Group too. 26 TRs gathered at Anderwood in the forest, 25 of them beautifully presented, all polished and shiny and one rather scruffy one, still covered in Czechoslovakian dust and with lots of European insects splatted all over the windscreen :ph34r:. Ben is away with work, but said I could take the TR along......what I now think he really wanted me to do was to clean and polish it for him, but he was being far too subtle! :unsure:

Well done to all the winners tonight, and to everyone who put the time and effort into making their cars look lovely. It was a great competition!

Thanks Vicky. What a great night - 26 TR's all together in the New Forest was quite a sight. The Wessex team put on a great evening and it was a lot of fun.

Stuart/Chris - All credit to you guys for resurrecting JSK from the dead. "Dirty Girtie" as you so kindly christened her, did very well tonight considering the quality of the other sidescreens.

Personally, I loved the blue long door TR2 but I think Jeffrey deserved "coolest car of the night" award. There's one thing to have a car polished in the garage but quite another to have one complete RBRR, Paris-Prague and Ten Countries in 12 months. That's quite the achievement.

A great night in a lovely location.

It was a great night Kev - if you fancy going I'll meet you somewhere and we can head up together.

Don, unfortunately I was so busy gassing to everyone I forgot to take a single picture. There was a chap with a camera taking photo's of all the cars so I hope they will be available somehow. I imagine they will be in the next newsletter so I'll post up as I get them.