Original Fuel Pipe H6 Carbs

My car is still running with its original rubber and banjo hose from the rigid fuel pipe to the carbs.

Having just read the Unleaded debate for PI systems it got me thinking/worried. :unsure:

Should this be replaced as its unlikely to be Ethanol resistant and if so, what with and from Whom?

The from Whom is important as I have had issues with fuel filter glass bowl seals that were allegedly Ethanol proof and swell by about 30% in size..........you only find out when you go to clean the fuel filter bowl and the seal explodes out its groove and wont go back for 24 hrs after which it has shrunk back to normal size :o That's if it doesn't break into segments.

Reverted to Cork...its predictable!

Iain

Edited by iain

I pop down to my local truck auto parts supplier

http://www.liningsandhoses.co.uk

Always very helpful for the odds and sods fuel (alcohol proof ) and brake pipes and unions inc imperial. Always robust and good quality.

Hi Dave

its a Dave Davis refurb.....I have just spoken to him and he only uses original components. :unsure:

So we will have to wait and see how long that lasts its 3 years so far...I have a spare pump :rolleyes:

Iain

James

In my travels around France I have often found fuel stations with big notices that they only sell E10 fuel as they are required to do by law. I have established quite a few towns where E5 is sold and is the only grade sold there , so that is where I head for when I enter France, the first point being in Nimes, another at Annemasse near Geneva where I fill up before going into Switzerland to go to the car show in Morges, where we will be going in October for the fifth time.

Iain

Mine too is a Dave Davis refurb, but I supplied him with the special E10 resistant diaphragm which he fitted for me, that was two or three years ago now. However I still avoid E10 where I can.

Dave