Grease nipple at clutch cable

Hi, I just did a first greasing job underneath my TR4. Only one nipple would not fit my gun: the one for the clutch cable. It measures 7.6mm across, the others 6.5mm. When looking at Rimmers catalaog they mention UNF and BSP type nipples: which one should be appropriate?

Also I do not understand why this only one nipple is different from the others?

Erik

EDIT: the photo is upside down

post-14211-0-78116100-1501414060_thumb.jpg

Edited by earckens

That's not a grease nipple, it's the bleed nipple for the hydraulic clutch. There's no clutch cable on a TR.

Edited by peejay4A

Whoaaa there Wiggles . . . . . .

Grease nipple, hydraulic bleed nipple, sump plug . . . . . do we really want to know the intimate details of the Australian spec ?

Let alone what the 'roo shaggers might do with 'em given half a chance ?

Bring on Barry McKenzie, didgeridoo, and Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport . . . . .

:wub::blink::o:P

Cheers,

Alec

Hi Erik,

Maybe I am wrong, but looking at your photo the Girling slave cylinder (correct for a TR4) appears to be a loose fit in the mounting plate.

I think a previous owner has installed a mounting plate from a Side Screen car which had a Lockheed slave cylinder and those have a far greater diameter than the later Girling parts.

Everything might well work correctly, however if the car were mine I would get it checked to ensure that the slave cylinder push rod is not being pulled out of alignment.

Take a look at the Moss Catalogue and you will see the different sized plates.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Regards, Richard

Hi Erik,

Maybe I am wrong, but looking at your photo the Girling slave cylinder (correct for a TR4) appears to be a loose fit in the mounting plate.

I think a previous owner has installed a mounting plate from a Side Screen car which had a Lockheed slave cylinder and those have a far greater diameter than the later Girling parts.

Everything might well work correctly, however if the car were mine I would get it checked to ensure that the slave cylinder push rod is not being pulled out of alignment.

Regards, Richard

Great post, thank you!! I will investigate, I will keep you posted.

The previous owner did indeed have a TR3 where he had worked on, so it is very likely he recuperated some parts.

Erik

Hi Erik,

Regards, Richard

Hi Richard, I did some follow-up investigation but since this is a bit off-topic here I will start a new thread.

Grts,

Erik