Anyone recommend a wheel silver in a rattle can that suits our cars?

Bought teh Halfords one, but it is too dark and 'Tinny'

Cheers,

John.

Edited by john

I bought some imitation chrome spray rattle cans from my local auto paint suppliers, been on two years now and still looks good, not exactly chrome but close enough for jazz. will send the brand name tomorrow.

As a guide i found one can to be plenty.

David

Specifically for Dunlop-style wire wheels from the sidescreen era, Eastwood's Detail Silver was a near perfect match for the warmth of the silver on these wheels compared to the coolness of many silver paints. Here's a crappy old 48-spoke, 4-inch wire wheel that's now in service as my spare after refinishing with Detail Sliver. This might have had a clearcoat over it, too -- been a few years and I forget that bit.

i-bMQxwbL-X3.jpg

Alas, I don't see Detail Silver on the Eastwood site now -- perhaps discontinued? That would be a shame.

Note that Eastwood makes other silver wheel paints, such as Argent Silver Rally Wheel Paint, which is the wrong shade for our TRs -- it's a more Detroit muscle car silver.