Speakers for rear trim panel

Hi Billy

I took mine out years ago as you cant hear the music with the roof down ? so put new ones in the side panels of the H frame so can now hear if the roof is up/down hope this helps?

tr6 owner now for twenty eight years

Bluebob

Hi Billy,

As Bluebob same approach/experience (TR6 owner now for only 31 years)

Tip/advise: In case you still go for the speakers positioned on the rear trim panel, take care of the speaker thickness ! If the speakers are too tick you will new to bump down the tank.... I faced this issue on one TR6 and it was not easy to fix it to the initial shape w/ a compartmented thank.

Regards

Have a talk to an Audio shop-they can install some carpet lined spacers to pull the speaker forward slightly.

Also-worth looking at a small amplifier to allow you to hear them rather than a distorted mess.

Depends on how high you mount them. I have them set roughly in the (vertical) centre and seated about 15-20mm proud and they don't foul the hood frame mechanism or the hood fabric, but the vinyl does cover them and hence muffle them. That means a) you need to boost the treble and B) more volume for the muffling and the wind noise (hence the amp).

There are problems with all options in the TR. Kidney panels are buzzy and direct the sound in funny directions. The door cards are a waste of time as the depth is so small. Building boxes on the rear tray/shelf/seat never really look right and the rear panel works v well with the hood up but muffled with the hood down. Placing a tweeter on the dash corners would work well (I've seen them online placed into the lateral eyeball vents) but that mucks about with originality looks (though I know the rear is hardly original either, but I'm not looking at it and my 6 came pre-vandalised.

The old MX5 seats have speaker in the headrest. If you have those seats, they'd be a nice compromise if improved in quality and with a low profile sub somewhere.

It's little surprise so many people opt for the "6 cylinder soundtrack" option... but for me running about with some music blasting is part of it all- and the exhaust still drowns it out.

I have small pioneer speakers in the rear panel and in the kidney panels, augmented with a Blaupunkt active sub woofer mounted behind the drivers seat.

Sounds pretty decent but hardly ever use it as i love the sound of the motor

Has anyone tried using portable bluetooth speakers? assuming your sound source is bluetooth compatible.

Hi Rog,

I heard a Bose system the other month and considering the size it was awesome.

I had a JBL Xtreme a couple of weeks ago and it looked as though it would blow your socks off - great reviews.

Sadly I'm not Blue tooth enabled so it went back (long story). 15Hr battery pack

Roger

Hi Roger

I can vouch for Bose kit, used it for years as a sound engineer. Horses for courses with sound systems though, but I think it would be tricky to find a descent set up for a TR?

Over to Pinky?

I have nine speakers fitted

6in rear speakers set them right at the bottom, remove some of the reinforcement triangle, make new reinforcement low centre to the top of the outside of the frame, tweeters can be put next to the main speakers.

electronic base behind passengers seat, amplifier behind drivers seat, 6in speakers put in left and right footwell cut the hole and reinforce the structure, use cut down plastic bowl to keep the water of

tweeters in the kidney panel,

I have done this in stages, it is a big job, not for the faint hearted,

I love the sound of heavy rock with the pipes adding to the mid range

hope this helps pink