Found a car on interweb at dealers in Berlin,right hand drive purporting to be 1956 been restored was red now blue with id number TS12772E does that sound right for year,hoping someone might know,speaking to dealer tomorrow, its had a supercharger fitted looks like the Moss kit all looks great but pictures can be deceiving.

Andy

My '3 is early 1956 commission No. TS 9551 O. Mine (used to) have drum brakes & the "Lockheed" axle.

Edited by Lebro

Just consulted 'Bill's Bible' page 130 states tS12606e to ts13052e built August '56 with a phased (random!) change to high port head TS13046 being produced September 56

TS 1991 would be an early TR2, not a TR3.

A typo in the posting, maybe? Or maybe a TR2 with a TR3 engine, because . .

TS 12772E (note the 'E' suffix) would be the ID of the ENGINE NOT the car.

AlanR

Edited by TR 2100

Andy

That number is the engine number not the commission number as it ends with 'E', bear in mind the car could have had a replacement engine...better to get the commission number too as a comparison.

Commission Numbers from Bill P's Book

Jan 1st 1956 - TS9666

Jan 1st 1957 - TS14999

Regards

Ade

Teach me to work from memory !

My commission No. is in fact " TS 9551 O"

Built 16 December 1955 first registered 15 June 1956

Bob.

No brass body numbers which doesnt help, lots of bits of trim missing too. Expensive for what it is.

Stuart.

Any pointers gratefully received,new to this side screen lark,if it was a 5 or 6 i'd be a bit more confident on what to look out for.Not sure about expensive if its genuine body off chassis back to metal restoration you'd do well to complete for that sort of money.

Appreciate its not to everyones taste, not standard etc but that might be a bargaining tool and being right hand drive in Germany as well,where do we think this should be price wise?

Andy

It doesn't look like any sort of pukka TR, it looks to me like a hot rod bitsa . . . . . someone's flight of fancy made into solid metal.

It could be great fun, once it's sorted . . . . . and if it's done 10 miles/kilometres thus far, that's probably another two or three thousand miles and an engine rebuild yet to go before it's anywhere near sorted.

As an investment, probably a lot less potential appreciation than an authentic rebuild - but it could be fun taming the beast.

At somewhere between £20K and £25K, it might make sense . . . . .

Cheers,

Alec

I do know of cars running Lockheed masters with Girling discs, it will work OK.

Stuart.