You need to get one side of the foot of the "T" in and then carefully ease the other side in with a blunt screwdriver. Let it settle before trimming and then trim the ends to suit the tops of the stanchions.

Stuart.

• 3 weeks later...

Budget about an hour and it will be easier if the rubber is warm rather than frigid cold. You may need a gloved hand to work the screwdriver across the entire length since you will be poking it about an 1/8th of an inch at a time. One recommendation (Stuart ?, Don Elliott ? ) was after matching the slope of the stanchion, leave the ends long, trim them so there is just a flat rubber strip remaining and trap that between the tenon plates and the stanchions.

I think there is a thread here somewhere where this was covered a few years ago

Stan

You may need a gloved hand to work the screwdriver across the entire length since you will be poking it about an 1/8th of an inch at a time.

May be quicker and more comfortable with a blunt chisel (or a specially home-made tool). I can't remember what I used when I did this but 1/8" a time would not have been considered!

It is easier to pull the seal along the grove, rather than trying to push it.

Pulling will stretch it a little, which makes it thinner.

When fully in, then push towards the middle to "unstretch"

do not trim the ends to length for a while to let it adjust to its minimum length.

Bob.

It is easier to pull the seal along the grove, rather than trying to push it.

Pulling will stretch it a little, which makes it thinner.

When fully in, then push towards the middle to "unstretch"

do not trim the ends to length for a while to let it adjust to its minimum length.

Bob.

Unfortunately the current offering wont go in like that anyway and with the curve at the ends its impossible.

Stuart.