Hi Jon,

Welcome to the forum, and to TR ownership.

Good idea to carry a spare plug or two.

Peter

Edited by Peter Cobbold

Welcome Jon

You'll find lots of help on here, plenty of opinions on every topic!

The NGKs are good, i also like the 'three earth electrode' style plugs and have had good experiences with the Accusparc ones on ebay.

Steve

Jon,

Following the recommendation of others with TR6 PI's I fitted NGK BUR6ET and they perform excellently, and unually on Ebay at very good prices.

Alan

Ditto that!

Ditto that!

I have ordered the 3 electrode NGK BUR 6ET's, should be here tomorrow ready for the weekend.

thanks to you all for your advice, much appreciated, I am sure I will be back again, not expecting trouble free classic car motoring !!

JON

I use the cooler BP7ES on my Webered '250s but they probably burn cleaner than a typical P.I. Done well over 100K miles with them, changing at 25-30K whether they need it or not.

The BP6ES was great on stock '250s in my experience. Figures they would do OK on the richer running P.I. cars.

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Jon,

Since you're focused on improving the ignition of your TR6, you'll enjoy your nifty new NGK BUR6ET spark plugs much more with a Distributor Doctor Red Rotor Arm.

Superior quality rotor and every TR6 owner should have one, just message Martin Jay on the contact page with the engine and distributor details of your '72 TR6 PI, £6.00 each plus postage. You'll be two steps closer toward trouble free classic car motoring.

Keep 'em on the road! Cheers! :)

Edited by Case

If memory serves me (it's fading fast these days) the original specified Spark Plug was the Champion N9Y !

If memory serves me (it's fading fast these days) the original specified Spark Plug was the Champion N9Y !

...which, once upon a time, cross-referenced to the NGK BP7ES.

Back in the '70s the U.S. parts stores specified the N9Y for Federal TR6s too, and they would reliably foul. The correct fitment was UN12Y, a hotter plug which correspond[ed] to the NGK BP6ES.

Cheers,

Tom