TS70L De-panelled!Some photos.

Yeah, I can see where that would put a big smile on your face, Roger. It's a terrific bodyshell!

I'm amazed it only took an hour to take the panels off.

Is that usual ?

Having never removed any.

H

I'm amazed it only took an hour to take the panels off.

Is that usual ?

Having never removed any.

H

if all nuts and bolts are free or nicely coppergreased, cagenuts are in good condition it definately is possible. on the other hand, mounting them and making sure everything lines up... thats a whole different ballgame...

ah yes good point.

I didn't think that far ahead.

Fingers crossed I don't need to....

Question

Do the chrome wing panel trim strips have corresponding holes to match the fixing bolts or are they just clamped between the panels ?

Never seen on off the car.

H

+1 trim is not metal, but plastic.

Actually I think this was a better idea from the point of not scratching the paint on assembly, & subsequent sealing.

Bob.

Thank for the learning opportunity.

Sorry for butting in on this thread.

H

Question

Do the chrome wing panel trim strips have corresponding holes to match the fixing bolts or are they just clamped between the panels ?

Never seen on off the car.

H

They have tags that go between the bolts and they are then bent up to more firmly secure while finishing bolting the panels.

Thats a very impressive shell by the looks of it and absolute luxury compared to restoring a UK car.

Stuart.

They have tags that go between the bolts and they are then bent up to more firmly secure while finishing bolting the panels.

Thats a very impressive shell by the looks of it and absolute luxury compared to restoring a UK car.

Stuart.

On a TR2 ?

Bob.

On a TR2 ?

Bob.

I was asking about the chrome (stainless) trim fitting. Not necasserily this threads car. Which looks great to work on.