Hi Guys,

Julian Richards has managed to lose his boot handle . . . . . it came adrift, he put the whole assembly aside for sorting later, then accidentally added it to the scrap pile. B*gg*r

Yes I know repros are available, but a shiny new one would look out of place on Julian's old nail.

Has anyone a decent used assembly complete with lock and key, please ?

I could collect at Malvern . . . . .

Cheers

Alec

Isn't it the same as Robin Reliant van Alec ? might be a few of those around.

Mick Richards

Hi Alec

I have one with key(s) surplus to needs its a repro but 35 years old in good condition, Julian is welcome to it.

Iain

The Reliant van one fits although the shape of the base is different. I had one on my car for many years until I replaced it with an excellent original bought one from...Alec!

It's often the way when you sell or donate a part that has been lying around for ages, that you suddenly find it would have been worth hanging on to after all.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is one I bought earlier - Reliant probably. Burt's Motors Wimbledon.

It loses on two counts -

TR3A/B owners complain it has the right handle but wrong escutcheon.

TR4-4A-250 (but mostly) - 5 owners complain it has the right escutcheon but wrong handle.

I complain as I have lost the key and cannot strip it to sell in parts to the needy.

Peter W

PS Is it worth the investment in a key......

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Many thanks to Iain, who managed to solve Julian's problem with a nicely patinated early repro item which is entirely in keeping with the character of the archaeologist's 3A - looks well past its best but functions perfectly well, with a clear understanding of the relationship between shit and shovel. B):ph34r:

Cheers,

Alec