Can I borrow a passenger seat for a few hours please

My wife, Vanessa, is having difficulty getting in and out of my TR4 due to mobility problems. She can hardly bend her right leg and has to slide as far into the car as possible to swing her leg in. My Ridgard seats make this nearly impossible for her.

A standard seat, or perhaps an MX5 seat, look more suitable but I don't want to fork out for one until I know it will work.

We are aiming to do the North Coast 500 together in the TR after I compete at Bo'ness in September, so I have got to do something to help her.

If anybody within say 30 miles from Dunstable or Hemel Hempstead has one of these seats for me to borrow for a few hours, I would be very grateful. I won't need to bolt it in, just drop it in the passenger well and support it while she gets in. It doesn't matter how rough it is so long as the seat cushion is firm.

John Hanna

Have a set on Mk2 Mx 5's or TR6 Originals if thats any use….I'm in Aylesbury

Hi Graham and Roger,

Graham.That would be absolutely perfect. You are not far from me at all. If you send me a PM with your address and telephone number I could arrange to come over Sunday or early next week if that is convenient.

Roger. If I can't get my questions answered with Graham's seats, can I take up your kind offer also? I like the idea of Vanessa having a reclining MX5 seat as she finds the rake of the Ridgard seats a bit extreme.

Many thanks to both of you.

John

John, I have a pair of late TR6 seats with headrests and recline function, am in Shepherds bush if you wnat to try them.

They are in good nick finished (by TR Bitz) in midnight blue vinyl.

Drop me a line if you wish to try these.

Snowy

Hi Snowy,

Can I get back to you next week if necessary. I am going with Vanessa in the TR to Graham's on Sunday who has a range of seats for different models which she can try out. Roger and Tim Hunt have also kindly offered for me to borrow a 4A seat. That gives Vanessa a wide choice to find the best seat for her. Many thanks for your kind offer and to the others also.

Hi Ben,

Couldn't agree more with you about how brilliant this forum is. Power to the people.

Regards to all.

John

Hi John,

You are welcome to try my Mazda seats in my TR5. I changed from Ridgards as Mary was having problems of getting in and out ( Bob Ridgard had even made the seat base larger as Mary had broken her hip) She still struggles a bit as she has long legs. The Mazda seats are very comfortable and we have done thousands of miles in them.

I live in Hemel Hempstead so not far from you. PM me for the address and phone number if you like.

Regards Harry.

Mission accomplished.

Had a very successful trip with Vanessa to Graham's yesterday. The MX5 seat is perfect for her. She can get in and out of the car so much easier compared with the Ridgard seat. The TR6 seat was too wide and touched the hoodsticks/roll bar too far forward. Brilliant result. Thanks Graham.

Also, many thanks to Graham and LIz for their kind hospitality. The cuppa in the sun, sitting in their lovely garden with the panoramic view over the Vale of Aylesbury was a treat. Incredibly, Liz had much work experience as a nurse with patients suffering from the same syndrome as Vanessa - Ehlers Danlos, which has virtually crippled her. They both gained a lot from their chat.

Loved the TR6 Graham, it is coming on a treat.

All I need now is to purchase a Mk 2 MX5 passengers seat with a removable headrest. Anybody got one for sale?

John

Thanks Roger,

Thanks to the forum I had already picked up the details of this chap - Paul Bishop. I will give him a ring as well as seeing what might turn up here.

John

John,

He has two sets from TR people who have cancelled orders. One set all black and one set black with white pipings.

Be quick as they will be gone before you know it.There will be a shortage of seats as the old MX5 is starting to be collectable.

Regards Harry