Fitting New 4A Hood

Do the seven rear "lift the dot" pegs go through the outer hood material then the retaining bar and then the hood material again or just through the outer hood material and then the retaining bar? Roger Williams book shows through all three but I have two old hoods, one through all three, one through only two. Going through all three does make the peg fixing length a bit marginal.

Alan.

Hi Alan

I had the same conundrum when I did mine a few months ago. I solved the problem by ditching the pegs from Moss and used pegs secured with a nut. This way you can go through all three and it is much simpler than using the other type of pegs. There is sufficient "recess" under the bar to take the nut.

I got the pegs from woollies trim (just google them) and they are a fraction of the price and are good quality and they come complete with nut.

Happy pegging

Simon