Barry Sidery-Smith RIP

Although best known for MGs, Barry was also a TR enthusiast - regularly drove Grev's TR4 here and abroad and many other TRs. RIP Barry and sympathy for your loved ones left behind!

Edited by alan57

Alan,

Myself and simon were saddened to hear of Barry's passing.

Such a lovely gentleman, it was always a pleasure to be in his company

RIP Barry

Tom

Barry was at MG live over the W/E where a few of us TRs ventured into a whole lot of MGs

Sad to hear of the loss of a great sports car and racing enthusiast

He will be widely missed

Michael

A sad loss. My first event against Barry was an MG Car Club (NW) sprint at Oulton Park in 1977. A great competitor and still racing his Le Mans MGB into his 80's despite a very bad crash a few years ago at the Le Mans Classic.

Mike

Sad news indeed.

I was talking to him on sunday about him event at SPA later this year.

I first met him 30 plus years ago at Cambridge motorsport when he was to drive Grevs TR4 ,although he was Mr MG he often drove TRs as well including the TR3s at classic Le Mans .

A true gent and was responsible for many of us UK drivers going over Belgium to race on the SPA circuit.Every year that i can remember there was a Barrys race which we all flocked too .

Farewell Mr MG / Mr SPA we will all miss you.

sympathy to your family ROY

Yes I had a lovely chat with him a few years ago @ the Chelsea Autolegends. He spent around 20 minutes telling me all about his MGB that was on display. A thoroughly nice guy who had the courtesy to spend a little time with an interested enthusiast.

So sad to hear of his passing. An gentleman. RIP Barry.

• 4 weeks later...

Barry's 'last race' will be at the Silverstone classic next weekend. He was due to drive my car again partnering Chris Ryan but as a mark of respect Barry has now been officially listed as the entrant for the Woodcote Trophy. Lets hope Chris puts up a good time for him.

hoges

Barry's 'last race' will be at the Silverstone classic next weekend. He was due to drive my car again partnering Chris Ryan but as a mark of respect Barry has now been officially listed as the entrant for the Woodcote Trophy. Lets hope Chris puts up a good time for him.

hoges

TRing in the True Spirit,Well Done.