Hi I have a nice straight one,condition of the silver bar leading edge could do with some sort of polishing if that's possible,the guys will know .attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nick

Hi Nick

I would be interested as well, but depends on price of course. Please let me know if (Doyley) above doesn't want it.

Thank you

best regards

Bill

I recently found out I had the wrong grille, but going by this it seems unlikely I'll find one, but put me third on the list if Doyley and Bill change their minds!

I hadn't realized a TR5 grille was an impossible dream. You learn something new every day.

Parry

It's the same grill as a 4a except sprayed matt black on the non leading edges. So buy one for a 4a and get your spray can out?

No its not, Sharper moulding and the lower bar is continuous and doesnt have the gap for a starting handle despite the depression in the front panel for that still being there.

Stuart.

Not same as 4a but can be done. mig weld starting handle hole over leaving proud, linish to shape, fine bead blast. Powder coat in satin chrome (this is quite a new colour shop around) , re spray satin black parts, indistinguishable from 3 paces, also two different profiles to the bars one round and one square not sure which is correct for a 5, Sounds quite simple and is time consuming but worth the effort if no alternative. Martin.

Not same as 4a but can be done. mig weld starting handle hole over leaving proud, linish to shape, fine bead blast. Powder coat in satin chrome (this is quite a new colour shop around) , re spray satin black parts, indistinguishable from 3 paces, also two different profiles to the bars one round and one square not sure which is correct for a 5, Sounds quite simple and is time consuming but worth the effort if no alternative. Martin.

Square profile on a 5 but late 4a had the same.

Stuart.

Hello Chaps, I have a beaten up TR5 one, and Tr4a one, painted to look like a TR5 grille, if any one is interested, give me a shout.

Cheers,

Conrad.

I don't think the sharp vs rounded profile is a 4a vs 5 differentiator. There was a discussion on this forum a few years back on the subject (which I can no longer find), but the Bill Piggot book is of the view that 5s and 250s had both. I believe the rounded profile grill on my 250 is original, and it doesn't have the hole for a starting handle.

I asked Roger Ferris about this subject, and he came to the conclusion that the Round edged ones , were probably on a batch of 250's.

Conrad.