Stupid, costly mistake - compensated by local North London Group hero

Didn't make the Abingdon Sprint today in my TR4. S**t and boll**ks. £155 wasted and a great day's enjoyment down the drain.

Suffered a blown water pump yesterday evening, taking the car out to get fuel for today.

Didn't have a spare but saved by Harry Dent (of concourse TR5 fame). He took one off the car he is rebuilding and my car was ready to go by 2.30 am this morning. Two hours sleep and I set off for an eagerly anticipated early morning drive. Two miles down the road, the car started to overheat and I discovered a split radiator. What the hell was going on on.

Limped home, removed radiator and discovered that I had pinched the radiator overflow pipe when I fitted the chassis bracket for the new front anti roll bar recently. Just shows how important that overflow pipe is to prevent over pressurisation..

I wish I could have reported that Harry's kind gesture to get me to Abingdon had been a lifesaver. That would have been very fitting. It doesn't take away though the spirit in which he helped me. I am very grateful.

John Hanna

The spirit of the club and forum is alive and well as you say.

Sorry to hear of your woes. I hope you get it all sorted for your next event.

H