Leaky windscreen seal

A few years ago I fitted a replacement windscreen surround and a new seal. Since then it has never really sealed in heavy rain. The water comes through the seal between the windscreen and the seal. Particularly in the corners. How do I stop this? Was thinking of some black silicone sealant inserted between the glass and the seal..

Cheers

Tim

Try Captain Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure, a marine product thats thinner than water so creeps into crack then expands as it dries to seal.

Its excelent !

Steve

Seconded for Captain Tolley's !!

Brilliant product .It goes on a milky white ( so you can see where you have applied it ) and dries " clear ". Clean the screen / rubber first to de-grease.

Usually it " disappears " down the microscopic gap straight away , " Fill up " until a very thin line appears , sealing rubber to screen.

If you seal up the corners that will probably cure it but for the few moments it would take , I'd do the whole perimeter , whilst you're at it.

Quick , clean , effective what's not to like ?

Bob

Edited by bob-menhennett

A few years ago I fitted a replacement windscreen surround and a new seal. Since then it has never really sealed in heavy rain. The water comes through the seal between the windscreen and the seal. Particularly in the corners. How do I stop this? Was thinking of some black silicone sealant inserted between the glass and the seal..

Cheers

Tim

Where did the seal come from, if it wasnt a Moss one then its not surprising it leaks. A non setting windscreen sealer all round is the only way to go. Captain Tolleys is good but not that good for the amount of clearance you will inevitably have http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCREEN-SEAL-SEALER-SEALANT-GLASS-WINDSCREEN-CLASSIC-CAR-BEDDING-BUTILE-/282386533612?hash=item41bf8c8cec:g:1p8AAOSw7GRZAeVj

Stuart.

Captain Tolleys cured my 'leaky corners' and has lasted several winters.

If your gaps are big, then silkaflex.

It was a Moss screen seal.

Captain Tolleys cured my 'leaky corners' and has lasted several winters.

If your gaps are big, then silkaflex.

Never use Sikaflex unless you never want to get it out again. Thats what they use for bonded screens on moderns.

Stuart.