Post number two of today - - I hope one day I can help people as I learn more. . .

So passenger seat was not bolted in , no problem I think and buy new bolts. . . Now on fitting the seat will not go down now and I see why he did not bolt seat in! . .

So, I am considering its the runners are not in correct, would anybody agree or disagree? Just nervous on unbolting runners and also cannot understand why they would not be aligned if using original bolt holes.

Thanks

post-14945-0-12506800-1497005090_thumb.jpg

I can't see much in the photo, I'm afraid.

Perhaps you should take the seat out (it's just two nuts an bolts at the front), and take a look at the runners - is the carpet a problem? There should a small collar - maybe 6mm tall - on each of the runner mounting bolts, this prevents the carpet blocking the runner. If they are missing, use a small pile of washers. Let us know what you find. Austin

Check which side the seat is mounted - the brackets on the seat can be fitted either to the left or the right of the brackets on the runner assembly. It sounds as though yours might be fitted the wrong side. Austin

Along with what Austin mentioned above.....see the following below that I copied from somewhere............. It will give you a little more clearance on handles..if your seats aren't installed this way

The seat needs to be mounted on the runners CROOKED. The left hand seat needs to be rotated slightly counter clockwise relative to the runners, the right seat needs to be slightly clockwise relative to the runners.

Under the front edge of the seat on the runners you will find two ears sticking straight up. These ears mate with the corresponding ears on the seat frame that point down. If you look carefully, you will see that the ears on the seat frame have *two* holes, a forward and a rear hole.

Left Seat: Use the FORWARD hole on the left ear and REAR hole on the right ear to attach the seat to the runners.

Right Seat: Use the FORWARD hole on the RIGHT ear, the REAR hole on the left ear to attach the seat to the runners.

This will do a couple of things for you; get you clearance between the seat and the "B" pillar so you can access the seat belt, and it will align the seat latch with the runners so that you can latch the rear of the seat firmly to the runners.

Likewise for the bolts that mount the frame to the floor, you do not install the frame so that the mounting points are symmetric from side to side. If you do, the fore/aft travel on the seat is very limited.