Hi

Could be interested but are the regulations in French or English ?

Regulations in previous post in Portuguese. Tell me what you can't understand, but Portuguese is not so different from French,

Would road book and instuctions be in French or English ?

Road book is Tulip style and the few notes in Portuguese can be easily translated before you start each section

If everything is in Portugese it does present a problem. Less so if it was just une petite sortie but this seems to be regularity. Also where is it based? I can't see the costs anywhere?

You will not find any difficulties. Everybody speaks English and French, From last year's entry list there seems to be French people, et je parle Français

I emtered the cost above: approximately €450 including 2 nights 4star hotel and all meals

See the map that I sent you. The hotel is in Beja and the finish is half-way to Lisbon

You won't get lost: just follow me!

This is a Rally from the Clube Portugues Automoveis Antigos and the organizer is Luís Brito geral@algarveclassiccars.com

Send him an email and ask if there is anything in English or French, although I don't think that is a problem. The problem (for me) is to find the way around!

Edited by qim

How good is your Portuguese?

http://www.48halentejo.com/regulamento.pdf

What do you need to know?

Very little Portugese, only French and English.

I really want to know everything, not just a few questions. Would need to fully understand the regulations and so would my navigator.

It's a longway to come without knowing exactly how it all works !!

Probably 2 days minimum travel with the trailer and two returning. My navigator might fly one or both ways so the costs mount.

It was a bit different for the Rally de Portugal historico as one hôtel the night before the rallye was free and the event was for 5 days.

Have to balance up the cost/pleasure !!

I have sent a mail to the organiser.

On verra !

Probably 2 days minimum travel with the trailer

Why a trailer? What car would you be entering? TR3A? I used to do London-Lisbon non stop twice a year as an everyday car.

After th rally you can take a few more days in the Algarve. Weather could be very nice (no promises, though)!

Edited by qim

The Brantz sensor is supposed to have at least four reference points to pick up on. Mine works on the four bolts for the disc. It's for more accuracy. I think it depends how serious you take your rallyes. With the Brantz you can calibrate the trip if you change wheels/tyres and also calibrate to be the same as the organiser's trip.

Maybe you can show us a picture of your vélo computers in the car, Jésus ?

For increasing resolution in the distance measurement (to distinguish distance less than the whole wheel circumference, i.e. around 2 meters), one can still glue more than one magnet and cheat the computer by inputting the actual wheel circumference divided by the number of magnets.

I posted one photo in my first comment (last input in page 1 of thread). I have only one unit installed in my TR3A to check for actual velocity.

Jesús

Qim;

Why a trailer ?

It wouldn't cross my mind not to use a trailer. That's 2600 km of go and return before the rallye.

If you have a problem you are completely stuck . If it can't be solved how do you get home ?

In 2013 the suspension broke on the Twin Cam (in Portugal) and just to get back to the hôtel where the trailer was took ages and ruined a set of tyres. Had to keep moving them round as they wore out on the broken side. That could not have been sorted locally as they were specially made. Trailer home !

En principe the TR3A but I would like to know more about the event first .

Also I am entered in an event in eastern France in the Vosges at the end of October so not sure if it is practical to come to Portugal straight after. We'll see.

Edited by TwinCamJohn