Continental Touring Kit Triumph TR2/3

I agreed when receiving it not to share it public and Will respect that. Perhaps theres another one who has a label?

Does Raymond have any problem with your sharing the inventory of the sidescreen CTK, Edwin? It would be most interesting to learn exactly what was in that kit, and we don't have to have the detailed image to know that.

• 1 month later...

Photobucket removed the pictures Paul shared.

Paul was kind to share them with me, so i uploaded the details to my google photos.

ThJbyqSyUAGdGkH5XU1rEbKIJgTYM6vLMiVqDfsU

J7Ty0uwemsK1fLEI8kmHUiakr5ZOV3GXfn2OH_eE

Now i have been able to look at this picture in more detail, it looks like the box is some kind of plywood box with lid and tape around the corners.

Searching for old boxes, it looks like vintage cigar boxes ?

nLXj-HzomX09Umg_ay52W9Cs5azLq21hC4N2t224

OVkVK5KnbekXssfpYcHPfYBUaG8y-FfBZbOYZ2Bb

When measuring parts/boxes on the picture and comparing it with stanpartboxes I already have, it looks to me, the box is about 50 cm long and 14 cm high. depth will be a guess.

the box pictures in the leaflet seems to me an axample of a different car than tr2/3. I see 2 exhaust gaskets, a different coollant hose and manifold gasket.

Edited by EdwinTiben
  • 3 weeks later...

OK, slowly collecting parts..

very difficult to find the stanpart boxes or tags..

Not everything on the pictures is listed on the original kit content, but when i find stanparts originals which would suit the kit when i would go on a trip, i will collect them.

The gasket set is empty and is original supplied in australia, but very nice in detail.

The Lucas dizzy cover is a later one, but have found an earlier one whicj matches the points, rotor and condenser boxes.

really like the B12 coil, not on the list, but something for the breakdown list, did paint it and got a new adhesive.

Have a box with 4 nos inner valves, the outer valves without box.

4 headlamp bulbs printed with stanpart on the glass.

Nice detail about the hose and the fan belt packaging, not the correct belt, the original would be flat

1 hose found, 4 to go.. of course old and hard but display only is fine.

i added an oil seal and wiper in original envelopes to the set.

If theres someone who isnt as interested in me about stanpart originals for tr2, i would really buy them from you ! the packaging only would be great, even without contents.. ;)

JUMmoPCDH7l7_aZkLQcDCrTUPDZhRcA7QFp8ltup

4O7YpffX4Oq0bsl0rU5htsOgBCyC7bF1R_UKg8it

RXvAjdq4RgbR9TVn21ItHPtWFCc7--H7IYBynOlP

still not sure about the box.. in the pictures from the leaflet, it looks like the cigar boxes, so from wood.

for now, this will work. when comparing the boxes on the picture from the leaflet with the ones i have the size would be correct. Very very large when carried with you on a trip in our small cars..

R9-MkDxqXdCqiuIP1_U9JEPYbc4KywisfXzUhZWp

Edited by EdwinTiben

That's looking terrific, Edwin.

I like the box -- better than the paper-taped plywood option, IMO. (If one were to go the wood route, it would probably be better fastened with some version of those metal corner straps with stamped nails/points -- I don't know how to describe them better, but it's a commercially available system.)

That's looking terrific, Edwin.

I like the box -- better than the paper-taped plywood option, IMO. (If one were to go the wood route, it would probably be better fastened with some version of those metal corner straps with stamped nails/points -- I don't know how to describe them better, but it's a commercially available system.)

i agree. it certainly does give you the vintage feeling, as a whole set.

iEQWdgu4Ef88LII89FdxhtWXHtuzqBXKJWdXcI_B

That's the right sort of box compared to the several kits that have passed through my hands, for both sidescreen and Michelotti TRs.

The originals were larger than they needed to be !

Cheers

Alec

Thank you Alec ! Good to have some confirmation.

if you come across any stanpart boxes .. ;)

• 1 year later...