Words of encouragement needed

I am just about to embark on transferring all the running gear, fixtures and fittings from my rotting TR8 in to the lovely pristine restored shell I have recently bought. It seemed like such a good idea when I bought the shell but now looks daunting!!!! Any words of advice and/or encouragement much appreciated.

Regards

Paul :)

I am just about to embark on transferring all the running gear, fixtures and fittings from my rotting TR8 in to the lovely pristine restored shell I have recently bought. It seemed like such a good idea when I bought the shell but now looks daunting!!!! Any words of advice and/or encouragement much appreciated.

Regards

Paul :)

Paul,just take your time,don't cut corners and if in doubt "ask"

Remember as well,if you make a mistake it can always be put right.

Best of luck

Yup my 7 was reshelled by Robsport about 18months ago. I seem to remember it was around 350 hours all in at £ 30PH+VAT and don't forget they have loads of space, old spare cars to nick bits off of & a store full of little widgets, clips etc for when you need them. I've done loads of rebuilds but not sure I'd have taken it on even with the space. I did the engine & front suspension build though.

Thanks guys, luckily I've got a double garage so the donor is going on the drive under a sheet to give me some room. That will please the neighbours!!!

I may leave this as an open thread with progress so I can be shamed regularly by my own lack of progress!! I am determined to have it ready for the summer though! (Not saying which one though!)

Cheers

Paul

Doing same thing with my TR7 V8 over the next few weeks.

Always remember, if you are unsure how something goes back together - stop and ask.

Nothing worse than having to dismantle something that took you all the previous day to fit, because you now realise you have re-fitted it upside down.

Take pictures of everything BEFORE you remove all it's wiring/tubes etc...

Good luck, and if it starts getting you down, leave it for a week and come back to it.

Karl. B)