Also, be aware that nice, clean, fat earth contacts will help - in fact, nice clean contacts throughout will help. Go through them all and make sure they are in good condition.

But I swear by Nightbreakers, they are by far the best (IMO) especially when matched with cibie/valeo lamps. Carry a pair of spares bulbs too.

Also, be aware that nice, clean, fat earth contacts will help - in fact, nice clean contacts throughout will help. Go through them all and make sure they are in good condition.

But I swear by Nightbreakers, they are by far the best (IMO) especially when matched with cibie/valeo lamps. Carry a pair of spares bulbs too.

+1

Hmm, I'll have to take the bulb out again to be sure. More later

Nothing much extra to add. It had 12342 M6 28 EU 2C3 U

So, where is the best place to order Nightbreakers and be sure it's a genuine one ? Bearing in mind price as well ! Fitting p43t

Edited by TwinCamJohn

They don't seem to be the p43t base and no way of specifying. Or, have I missed something?

Yes they should be P43t - its part of the H4 specification under harmonised standards*. If in doubt phone them up and ask.

(* P45t was the other base used as noted in earlier posts but that is something of a hybrid and is not really H4 to the standard. The actual bulb bit might be the same and may be marked as such but it really should be R2 though the wattage spec for that is lower. You can buy adaptors to use H4 bulbs with P43t base in P45t holders.)

Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there. It looks like the bulb is oriented in the package so that one tab is pointed at you and the others are towards the back of the rim so perhaps not obvious.

Details may also need you to do a little searching - if you click on ">complete information" on the e-bay page you will see:

Phone:7443498424
Email:metro.direct@customerservicecentre.co.uk