coach line stripe

Hi - wondered if anyone could provide any info/guidance on coach line stripes on TR6?

Were they fitted standard from factory at all? only to certain colours?

if so does anybody have any references to exact position of the stripe - ie where shld it start and stop or should it go to the very end of front/rear wings?

thks

Tim

What can I say?

Mine has a very small width stripe from front to rear.

Plus the chrome /stainless trim running along the bottom of door line front to rear.

I understand you only see these on straight cars. :D

My 74 TR6 has a white stripe on British Racing Green paint applied by a previous owner.

A point to note is that a self adhesive tape stripe has been used. It looks OK, however the adhesive softens in sunny weather (possibly not helped by the dark paint) and it is easy to move the line accidentally e.g. when fxing the tonneau.

I would recomend a painted coachline.

The USA stripes were an American importers' product, as opposed to a factory product, and as far as I know were never made available outside of the North American market.

Simple coachlines are another matter, not a standard UK factory issue but not uncommon for them to be applied by UK dealers as part of a 'special edition' or simply a deal sweetener.

Whether the Malines/Mechelen assembly plant ever used striping I know not, but doubtless one of our Belgian contributors has the answer ?

Cheers,

Alec