Locating the Earth Wire Coming from the Horns

A question for those of us who are, (sadly), deeply involved in pre-relay horn wiring... If I wanted to interrupt (cut) the wire from my horns to my horn button, and I wanted to do it as close to the horns as possible, (rather than under the dash), where would I find that circuit/wire?

​Is it a PB wire that originates from either the left or right hand horn? If so which one?

Its a pre-relay TR with a standard loom and standard horns.

Thanks for the input.

Hi Jim!

I am not certain as to what you are trying to do? The PB or PY earthing wire depending on year for colours starts as the interlink wire between the 2 horns. It is earthed/operated through the horn button. The earthing runs down the steering column through the flexible dough nut joint wire down to the steering rack grease/oil nipple then earthed to the chassis by a black wire. This bit I have often found missing on re-built cars? and some times the dough nut joint wire.

Bruce.

As mentioned its PB. and here's what I'm doing - I'm fitting a relay on the ground side of the horn and I'll use the redundant wire to the horn button as the low current switch circuit. Question is - how to identify the source of that wire... Should be simple - <_<

Thanks