Quick Question - Reinforcing plate

Folks,

A quick question

The reinforcing plate (619585) that fits by the t-shirt.

Should this go underside (so chassis->spacer->reinforcing plate->floorpan->washer->bolt) or does it go on top of the floor pan?

Thanks

Andrew,

It goes on top of the floorpan; the aluminium (or aluminum) round thing is the spacer between chassis and flooorpan.

Cheers,

Waldi

Stuart,

What is the purpose of this plate? Is it to cope with the forces from the rear seat mounts?

Thanks,

Waldi

Stuart,

What is the purpose of this plate? Is it to cope with the forces from the rear seat mounts?

Thanks,

Waldi

TBH I have never thought about it!

Stuart.

Hi,

Its job is to get in the way when you try and fit brackets for MX5 seats. Two words, angle grinder, while I am on could I ask somebody to measure the distance between the left-hand edge of clutch pedal and the transmission tunnel. I have a bodge up and surgery is required before my left ankle expires.

Cheers

David

Thanks guys.

Dave, I don't have my pedal box in yet, but if I can lay my hands on it I'll temporarily pop it in and measure for you.

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Cheers somebody has but an LHD box in mine and the pedal is too close to the tunnel.

David

while I am on could I ask somebody to measure the distance between the left-hand edge of clutch pedal and the transmission tunnel. David

LHD '72 TR6

EDIT: Ha, just understood what you wrote. Good luck.

post-13442-0-34061500-1496011203_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sapphire72