Just wondering if anyone can identify the adjustable fan belt fitted to my 4A. as I would like to obtain a spare if they are still available

Chris

post-8492-0-07984600-1493458640_thumb.jpg

Edited by riverstar

Yes, think it is called Brahma belting or similar. Used extensively as a drive belt for machine tools where pulleys etc. would need removing if a conventional closed loop belt was used as a replacement

Also seen on Vintage and PVT cars.

I have some but there are many sizes, measure yours and I will check to see if mine fits your pulleys.

Paul: Thanks for the info, the belt is just over 1mtr long and the links are slightly wedge shaped the smaller end being 17mm which fits the pulley just right gripping the sides as it pulls through I will do a Google search and hopefully find a supplier.

Alan: I do carry an emergency belt which I bought from Moss years ago but I am hedging my bets, I do like the look of my current belt which although is in fine condition was on the car when I bought it fourteen years ago so I thought it a good idea to have another one on standby.

Chris