TR6 metering unit pump,prv and injectors refurb by Neil Ferguson

I have just received my parts back from Neil after he has refurbish them what a great job these look better than new, see attached pictures which speak a thousand words

They have come of my 1971 TR6 which I brought in January and has been off the road since 1983.

My only regret is I didn't take a picture before I sent them.

Thanks Neil

I have spare

1 x Lucas pump

2 x PRV

1 set of injectors

post-14936-0-30044200-1493389289_thumb.jpg

post-14936-0-14377500-1493389302_thumb.jpg

+1 for Neil, does a great job and is very helpfull if problems occur once installed on the engine.

Dont forget when fitted let the pump run for at least 1/2 hour to vent all air from the sytem before trying to start the engine.

Rich

Ok thanks for the heads up 1/2 hour pre run

If you prime each of the 6 black nylon fuel lines first before screwing on the injectors, there is none of this 1/2 hour business! Using a plunger type of oil can filled with petrol holding the injector pipe vertical back fill the pipe to the top then screw on the injector. Do all injectors in the same manner! Remove all the plugs and with the injectors placed in a large jam jar, turn engine over, some of the injectors should squirt straight away, but some may require the poppet valve to lifted off its seat. As soon as 4 are squirting properly that is usually enough to get the engine started. Once started bleed any others that are not squirting properly in the normal manner.

Good Luck,

Bruce.

• 2 years later...

Hi All

Another plus for Neil from me.

My Pi gear did not look to bad but it had been unused for some time, decade+, so i popped it in to Neil and it came back looking spot on, as new.

He's also helped me a couple of issues and i've always found him very helpful.

But i did take some before and after pics.

Cheers  Keith

pre refurb Pi.jpg

Refurbed Pi.jpg

Edited by Keith66

This topic has come up before.

I can only say: use insured shipping for the small incremental cost and ask Neil to do the same (and any other company you ship value parts to/from).

He did mine too by the way, and very am very happy with his service. One of the few things that went well in one go.

Cheers,

Waldi

Why convert to carbs when this chap is around to refurb your pi kit at an afordable price?

Neil did all my pi equipment (Metering unit/Injectors/pressure relief valve

I fitted a new Bosch conversion from the now retired Malcolm at Prestige and basically the whole system has been touchwood fit and forget!