Braided injector pipes

10 hours ago, Kenrow said:

Be aware that while, Nylon 12 does have better chemical resistance than Nylon 66, the tensile strength is lower and the melting point is lower. 

If fuel line melting is a potential issue, I suggest an airtight engine room with inert gas flooding. Works on a warship...

But seriously, is the melting point at a temp likely to be seen in an engine bay other than when on fire? If it is, then defo no-no. If not, I'm not sure what the issue is? And I do mean "I don't know". Seems to me that if there's a fire, no fuel line will maintain its integrity. But I'd be curious to know if that's not the case.

John

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

If fuel line melting is a potential issue, I suggest an airtight engine room with inert gas flooding. Works on a warship...

But seriously, is the melting point at a temp likely to be seen in an engine bay other than when on fire? If it is, then defo no-no. If not, I'm not sure what the issue is? And I do mean "I don't know". Seems to me that if there's a fire, no fuel line will maintain its integrity. But I'd be curious to know if that's not the case.

John

Does Nylon 66 have a good resistance to E10 petrol which is going to be introduced here in the UK this Summer? I replaced all my old injector hoses at my engine rebuild with nylon 66 4 years ago, seems to work OK with E5!

Bruce.

4 hours ago, astontr6 said:

Does Nylon 66 have a good resistance to E10 petrol which is going to be introduced here in the UK this Summer? I replaced all my old injector hoses at my engine rebuild with nylon 66 4 years ago, seems to work OK with E5!

Bruce.

Bruce,

E5 petrol will continue to be offered in Super octane form and since were talking about TR5 & TR6's I doubt owners would want to use the lower octane E10 petrol anyway.

Bob

Edited by OldBob
spelling