Indicator control functional after steering rack conversion

Hi all,

Got a tip from niklas yesterday, tr shop London is offering a kit to keep the indicator control in function after conversion to steering rack.

Now, im not converting, nor have experience with this kit, but perhaps someone is interested.

post-2122-0-62669400-1492358490_thumb.png

Edited by EdwinTiben

As I see it the control head will go round with the steering wheel as there is no method to retain the stator tube. Originally it is clamped at the bottom of the steering column on the outside of the steering box with a nut and olive.

Also from Bastuk in kit L97ATR3

As I see it the control head will go round with the steering wheel as there is no method to retain the stator tube. Originally it is clamped at the bottom of the steering column on the outside of the steering box with a nut and olive.

Also from Bastuk in kit L97ATR3

agree, but indicator head going round is better than nothing ;)

Hi Edwin

I have the R&P steering, but I put the direction switch on a stalk out of the dashboard, and the horn stays where it was in the middle of the Motolita hub.

I had trouble with remembering to cancel the indication after the turn, but now I have from Bob a very simple buzzer connected to the indicator light on the dash and it is audible just right, not too loud and obviously it only buzzes in time with the lights, not continuous,

Thanks Bob a good mod.

Dave