Don Hoods v's TRF Hoods and Tonneaus

Sitting here in Oz it's hard to judge which products are the best for the job.

I've searched the fora and can't find enough to make an informed decision.

So who has bought Don trimming products and are they satisfied enough to say they would buy them again and who has bought TRF's products and are they satisfied enough etc etc. I must say there is a significant landed cost difference in favour of Don Hoods as well as a bigger colour range.

I will need to find a local trimmer to alter the tonneau to accomodate a roll bar and the headrests of the Mazda seats I have fitted.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Jim

For what it's worth, the TR soft tops sold by TRF are made by Robbins. No issues here with Robbins quality, but also experience or information to compare them to Don Hoods.

http://www.robbinsautotopco.com/triumph.php

Edited by Don H.

Thanks to everybody for their input so far.

Don, I'm not certain if you are saying the Don or the Robbins are the better ones. Would you mind clarifying.

Thanks

Jim

I first used Don back at the end of the 60s, that was a bargain special offer in their 10th anniversary year. used them a few times since then, recommended them to a few pals over the years too.

Touch wood, no problem with hoods or tonneaux, invariably utilising the best of their three qualities of vinyl. Well made, good fit, and jolly good value by my estimation. Time scales have always been close enough, and a couple of times they've worked wonders in emergency.

Usual disclaimers !

Cheers

Alec

Jim, is this for a TR2?

If so you will need to know the position of your first peg on the 1/4 panel (behind your elbow) Also what type of fasteners hold the hood to the car.

Then be sure the supplier understands that the first peg is in a different position to that of the later cars with Dzus side screens.

You can of course move the peg on the body but the correct shaped hood with the extra fabric would be so much better.

TR2 were fitted with what is known as 'baby Tenax' which to my knowledge died out before the ark sailed. You can use modern larger Tenax but that will involve peg changes.

TRF will know these differences and be able to guide you.

Peter W

Jim, is this for a TR2?

If so you will need to know the position of your first peg on the 1/4 panel (behind your elbow) Also what type of fasteners hold the hood to the car.

Then be sure the supplier understands that the first peg is in a different position to that of the later cars with Dzus side screens.

You can of course move the peg on the body but the correct shaped hood with the extra fabric would be so much better.

TR2 were fitted with what is known as 'baby Tenax' which to my knowledge died out before the ark sailed. You can use modern larger Tenax but that will involve peg changes.

TRF will know these differences and be able to guide you.

Peter W

Following up on Peter's comments:

http://trf.zeni.net/wc/specials11.20/9.php