Tr4 metal glove box lid

Wanted....tr4 metal glove box lid if anyones got one lying about

Cheers

Stressed,

Tricky to find, they do turn up. I assume you are reverting to the painted metal dash - excellent!

I did the same, and it took a while to find a lid. It was suggested that it would not be too difficult to get one fabricated (copying a sample).

Hopefully you have a set of the hinges.

Mike

Spot on yeah bought an American left hooker converting it over so it lives again but it's fighting me very step of the way

I've bought a few from over the pond on eBay in the past few years ago I have a nice complete rh dash but wouldn't be cheap dash cubby lid hinges ally panel domed gauges

Thanks but got everything apart from glove box lid and if I can't buy one I'll fabricate one

Graham - just a word of caution - I did exactly this a few years ago and had to source a lid - like an idiot, I never properly trial fitted it into the dash itself, got the dash and lid painted, went to fit it, and found its a very poor fit. It fits in the opening, but the gaps around the edge are far from even and it bugs me every time I'm in the car.

Easy enough to build up the edges to get a good even fit if done at preparation stage - the hinges also seem to play a part so you need to do a thorough fit up.

Cheers

Rich

Thanks for the tip

I've made my rhd metal dash from the lhd one so it needs a bit of fettling to make it perfect