TR3A gearbox tunnel

Hi

I picked up my newly painted TR3A ready for the elctrcs and inside trimmer and found a large circular hole on the left side of the tunnel which I was not aware of. Any idea what it is?

Thanks

Hard to be definite without a photo but my car has one of these, it lines up with the gearbox filler plug and its to allow topping up of the gearbox more easily.

allthough i dont know how often in rains in portugal

hey, this is not the Sahara desert! We get a lot of rain in winter: we need it!

Hard to be definite without a photo but my car has one of these, it lines up with the gearbox filler plug and its to allow topping up of the gearbox more easily.

The one I am referring to is on the other side. I have one on each side. I will go to the car on Monday and measure the diameter to get a blanking plug.

Hi Again QIM

Today I had cause to remove that cover plate from the tunnel, covering the solenoid as one of the bullet connectors had come out of the rubber jointer, so the O/D wouldn't work. Glad I had that hole in the tunnel or it would have meant the tunnel would have to have come out, with plenty of work and time consumed.

Dave

I will shortly be bringing an un-used Raceytorations two-part tunnel to the market if anyone requires ?

http://www.racetorations.co.uk/triumphs-c56/tr2-c3/tr2-interior-and-trim-c38/racetorations-split-gearbox-tunnel-tr2-3a-p201