Brake/Clutch cylinder pipes

My mechanic sold me the idea of putting in new fuel and brake pipes and I don't like the look of it, as you can see from the images. My main problem right now is that invested in a new fluid container from Moss that has the lettering brake/clutch written on it and the mechanic can't bend the pipes for the container to face forward properly. I wonder if the pipes that go from the container to the main cylinders can be bought already bent in the proper shape.

post-14128-0-35616500-1488979676_thumb.jpg

post-14128-0-18335800-1488979684_thumb.jpg

Edited by qim

Mine is like that (same Moss repro fluid reservoir). It's not something I have given a lot of thought to to be honest.

The printing scratches off very easily and repro decals are available. You could scratch the printing off the side and apply a decal to the front.

This is a picture of mine - remember mine is right hand drive so the routing will be different to yours. You can only see the decal from the side.

https://jsk404.wordpress.com/2015/08/28/engine-bay-progress/#jp-carousel-491

https://jsk404.wordpress.com/2015/08/28/engine-bay-progress/#jp-carousel-494

I can't imagine the actual pipes are the easiest to route neatly, but they could follow the contour of the body a little more closely and some of the bends look like they could be a smaller radius. I take it your mechanic will be clipping them down correctly which will help?

Edited by rhino_mac

Hi qim ~

I had no problems when I fitted new brake and clutch pipes to the reservoir.

They need to be very tightly bent at the bottom otherwise the reservoir will stand

too high and foul the bonnet.

Is your reservoir fitted the right way round?

Tom.

Edited by Fireman049

Hi Qim,

Does your mechanic have a pipe bending tool. In your photos the pipes sem to have been bent by hand - which no matter how hard your mechanic tries wil give an amateurish appearance. Pipe bending tools are available from brake parts suppliers at very little cost and make a huge difference to the appearance of the final job.

Cheers,

JEFF

It does not matter whether the wording is on the side or the front..

What is important is that the bends under the reservoir are very tight so that the bonnet does not touch the lid. I found some small plastic pipe which I could fit inside the pipe lines and this allowed a tighter bend than the pipe bender could manage.

Good luck

Richard & H.

I used a pipe bender to do mine ~ much easier and neater appearance.

Another very important point is that the clutch pipe is connected to the

centre (inner) reservoir and the brake pipe to the outer (larger) reservoir.

Tom.

Edited by Fireman049

Thank you all

Well the mech does have a pipe bender and he used in this particular area, although I think the longer pipes were bent by hand.

I am going to order the parts suggested by Stan and see if I can live with those better...

Another very important point is that the clutch pipe is connected to the

centre (inner) reservoir and the brake pipe to the outer (larger) reservoir.

On this I trust the man; he was a Triumph mechanic all his life, but... which side is the clutch master cylinder?

post-14128-0-54623700-1488993396_thumb.jpg

582-982.pdf

Edited by qim

Hi Tom

When you say the connection is on the right, are you referring to the reservoir or to the master cylindre, which is what I want to know?

On the reservoir it is actually marked. Putting my thinking cap on the brake cylinder must be the one going up while the clutch pipe is the one going down, (in my car, that is)

which is strange because it is the opposite to yours. That means it does not matter which cylinder it is...as long as the pedals are connected to the right one! I'm learning something

Edited by qim