Hi Guys

I am about to fit a new cable from my O/D (via a right angled drive) to the instrument, and found that it is very difficult to get at the g/b end without removing the tunnel. I thought that that gaiter that fits over the handbrake and goes into that slot in the tunnel was for access to that end of the cable, but no such luck it is nowhere near that slot.

So my question is, WHAT IS THAT SLOT FOR? as there is nothing else I that area.

Thanks

Dave

I think your problem is that you have a right angled drive fitted. You don't need one, the cable goes up through the floor, into the slot in the tunnel, & directly onto the O/D speedo output.

post-12009-0-43681300-1488721365_thumb.jpg

Bob.

Edited by Lebro

Which type of overdrive do you have A or J

With A type you do not need an angle drive. The cable runs directly up through the floor panel egg shaped hole round the hand brake lever and onto the connector.

Peter W

Bob and Peter

You are overlooking the fact that mine is a LHD car, so the cable runs alongside the g/b around the underside of the engine and back through the bulkhead straight into the instrument, hence it is the 96" long cable that Moss catalogue shows for LHD cars. However, you have answered my problem, the Vee slot is not require in my tunnel so I can blank it off with a slightly bigger cover plate after I have cut the hole to get at the g/b entry point.

I wonder how you all manage with RHD cars.

Thanks anyway

Dave

Bob

I just noticed in your picture, that your casting allows the cable to come out pointing down, my casting points up, so that maybe the problem I have

Dave

Bob

I just noticed in your picture, that your casting allows the cable to come out pointing down, my casting points up, so that maybe the problem I have

Dave

In that case you dont have a TR overdrive casing.

Stuart.

Probably a saloon overdrive, mine was, but I had it re-built, & the rear casing changed to TR type (& Healy 3000)

Be interested to hear if your speedo reads correctly !

Bob.

PS Beepers ordered

Bob

Yes it does, checking it against the GARMIN..

I did point out that difference to TR Bitz when they supplied the O/D for my non O/D car from the States. but John Sykes said that it made no difference to the operation as it was an LHD car and at that stage, who was I to argue with him.

Dave